The Dual Fuel BioWATT Power System principle is based on adding gas to the engine
Substantial Fuel Savings & Operational cost
- Substitute up to 70 % of your diesel
- Reduce your operational costs substantially
How it works
Generator engines are typically governed and therefore must maintain the same RPM at all times, when an alternative energy (the gas) is introduced to the governed engine there is simply less energy (or power) required to be delivered by the engine’s diesel governor.
- This allows PLC’S System to control precisely the amount of gas being introduced to the engine and in doing so enable lower quantities of diesel to be used to provide the power.
- The diesel engine principal does not change – the engine is still dieseling and the diesel fuel is required to provide 30% of the engine power, parts lubrication, cooling and as an ignition source for the gas.
BioWATT quality and fully automated PLC’S System solution ensures that all key engine safety parameters are met at all times. Should any engine parameter move towards a maximum limit, the amount of gas will automatically decrease and adjust itself and should any of the engine manufacture’s parameters be exceeded for any reason, gas is immediately stopped and the engine continues to operate on 100% diesel without any interruption of the power supply.
- By this principle PLC’S System achieves the highest possible gas/diesel ratio.
Greener EnergGreener Energy
BioWATT Dual Fuel is a more environmentally friendly solution for Diesel engines
Emission reductions possible:
- Reduction of CO2 – 5% to 20%
- Reduction of NOx – 30% to 40%
- Reduction of SOx – 70% to 100%
- Reduction of Particulate emissions (PM)
- Together with the option of the fisignificant reduction of CO can also be expected
Extended Run Times without refueling consumption with gas
- Manufacturing & production factories
- On shore/off shore drilling rigs and operations
- Data centers
- Shopping complexes
- Municipal systems
- Wastewater treatment
- Financial institutions
- Healthcare facilities
- Other critical installations
- Continuous operation
- Prime Power applications
- Standby power
- Peak shaving & Peak saving